Senate Bill 1
Invests $52.4 billion over the next decade to fix roads, freeways and bridges in communities across California.
The Road Repair & Accountability Act will charge drivers a minimal fee – on average $10 a month – and in return every driver will save hundreds of dollars on wear and tear of their vehicles.
Strict accountability is included to ensure funds are only spent on transportation. And, the investment in our infrastructure will create tens of thousands of new construction jobs every year.
Senate Bill 1 (2017) will save drivers money, create thousands of jobs and boost our economy.
- -$7.3 billion by increasing diesel excise tax 20 cents.
- -$3.5 billion by increasing diesel sales tax to 5.75 percent.
- -$24.4 billion by increasing gasoline excise tax 12 cents.
- -$16.3 billion from an annual transportation improvement fee based on a vehicle’s value.
- -$200 million from an annual $100 Zero Emission Vehicle fee commencing in 2020.
- -$706 million in General Fund loan repayments.