How to Apply

Online resources are available to help schools determine their energy needs, submit Energy Expenditure Plans and implement approved energy projects.

Currently, there is a new online system available for local schools to submit Energy Expenditure Plan applications (EEP) through the California Energy Commission. Local schools may submit EEP applications under the 2015 Guidelines using the Energy Commission's new online application system. Each school district received a “Welcome to Energy Expenditure Plan Online” e-mail that includes a link to the Energy Expenditure Plan Online system. Schools can request funding for energy projects by submitting an Energy Expenditure Plan application for either one year or multiple years to the Energy Commission.

Note: The online system web address link is not found on this or the Energy Commission's website.

School districts and other specific educational agencies are eligible to apply for Prop 39 funding by submitting an energy expenditure plan to the California Energy Commission. Community colleges may request funding through the California Community College, Chancellor's Office.

Who can apply?

Eligible applicants include:

  • K-12 school districts
  • County Offices of Education
  • Charter Schools
  • State Special Schools
  • Community College Districts

Implementation Guidelines

Energy Expenditure Plans (EEP)

EEP Resources

Other Related Content

For more questions on how to apply, please visit the Energy Commission Prop 39 website. To help schools through the application process, the Energy Commission developed easy-to-use energy savings calculator tools for simple energy projects and has a team of engineers and energy specialists to review and approve expenditure plans. Schools can access online resources at the Energy Commission site and get help by calling the toll-free hotline at 855-380-8722.